Yamaguchi Castle Ruins
In 1863, Lord Takachika Mori moved the domain site from Hagi to Yamaguchi to take precaution against possible uprisings at the end of the Edo Period. A year later, in 1864, the Yamaguchi Oyakata or Yamaguchi Castle was constructed on the site. This modern western-style castle was a natural fortification surrounded by mountains, equipped with gun batteries, earthworks and water moats. The main gate of the domain's hall, moats and earthworks still remain.
Location 1-1 Takimachi, Yamaguchi Transportation access
- Nearby Airport:60 min by bus
- 10 min by bus from Yamaguchi Sta
- 15 min by car from Yamaguchi IC
Contact information Yamaguchi City Hall Tourism Division
2-1 Kameyamacho, Yamaguchi